Black Beans & Yellow Rice (Quick Version)
Daily Inspiration S
- 5-ounce pkg. saffron rice mix
- 15-oz. can black beans
- 3 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, chopped and divided
- garnish with sour cream, diced green or white onion
How to Make Black Beans & Yellow Rice (Quick Version)
- 1Cook rice according to pkg. directions; keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile drain beans, reserving 2 tbsp. liquid. Combine beans, reserved liquid, lime juice, chili powder, cumin in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated; stir in 1 tbsp. cilantro.
- 3Serve beans over rice; and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. cilantro. Garnish with sour cream or sliced green onions, if desired.