☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lblong-grain rice
1 stickmelted butter
How to Make Assyrian Baked Rice
- Cover the rice with cold water and the salt. Soak overnight.
- Bring 3 quarts of cold water to a boil. Drain the soaked rice and add to the boiling water. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until one kernel of rice tastes half-cooked, but not soft.
- Pour rice into a colander and rinse with cold water. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Use some of the butter to coat the bottom of a roasting pan, with a cover. Pour rice over butter, stirring into rice the remaining butter.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. shaking the pan twice during baking to mix butter and rice.