Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 5 c
- low-salt chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- arborio rice, or medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 3/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
How to Make Asparagus Risotto
- 1Blanch asparagus pieces in large pot of boiling, salted water 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse asparagus under cold water. Drain asparagus well.
- 2Bring chicken broth to simmer in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low and keep broth hot.
- 3Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add rice and stir 3 minutes. Add dry white wine and cook until liquid evaporates. Continue cooking until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time and stirring almost constantly, about 20 minutes.
- 5Add blanched asparagus pieces and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 6Add 6 tablespoons butter and stir until incorporated.
- 7Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.