Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbasparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
5 clow-salt chicken broth
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 conion, chopped
1 1/2 carborio rice, or medium-grain white rice
1/2 cdry white wine
6 Tbspunsalted butter
3/4 cgrated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
How to Make Asparagus Risotto
- Blanch asparagus pieces in large pot of boiling, salted water 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse asparagus under cold water. Drain asparagus well.
- Bring chicken broth to simmer in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low and keep broth hot.
- Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice and stir 3 minutes. Add dry white wine and cook until liquid evaporates. Continue cooking until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time and stirring almost constantly, about 20 minutes.
- Add blanched asparagus pieces and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.