- 4 tbs. butter
- 1 cup finely crushed vermicelli noodles
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- sometimes i add golden currents and slivered almonds
How to Make Armenian Pilaf (Nasseroni)
- 1Melt butter in a heavy pan over medium heat. Add noodles and stir for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add rice and stir for another 4 or 5 minutes.
- 2Add stock and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes
- 3Turn off heat and leave pan covered for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.