☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 largesweet potatoes, scrubbed
2canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced and mashed to a paste
3 Tbspunsalted butter, cut and softened
How to Make Whipped Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450F. and line a baking sheet with foil. Prick potatoes and bake in middle of oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until very soft.
- Cool potatoes until they can be handled and scoop flesh into a bowl.
- With an electric mixer beat potatoes with chili paste, butter, and salt and pepper to taste just until smooth and spread in a buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Potatoes may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring potatoes to room temperature before proceeding.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F. Bake potatoes in middle of oven until hot, 20 to 25 minutes.