Uncle John's Potato Salad
The prep time is so long because of the cooling time needed for the potato salad--it really is a very quick and easy dish to put together.
- 5 lb
- potatoes (white, yellow, red or a combination)
- 1 bottle
- italian salad dressing (vinegar-based, not creamy. use your favorite flavor variation.)
- 1 bunch
- fresh flat leaf parsley
- cracked pepper
How to Make Uncle John's Potato Salad
- 1Wash potatoes well and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Boil the potatoes in salted water for approximately 10 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. (Cooking time will vary because of the size of potato pieces and the types used.)
- 3Drain the potatoes well. Return them to the hot pot and toss until the residual water is evaporated. Put them in a large bowl and pour the salad dressing over them while still very hot. If the salad dressing bottle is very large, don't use the whole thing--use just enough to have a little extra at the bottom of the bowl, but not enough to be soupy. The hot potatoes will absorb the excess as they cool.
- 4Coarsely chop the parsley and toss all of it gently into the hot potato mixture.
- 5Let the mixture come to room temperature, tossing occasionally to ensure the dressing coats all pieces evenly. Finish with cracked pepper and salt if needed.
- 6Serve either at room temperature or chilled.