Uncle John's Potato Salad
The prep time is so long because of the cooling time needed for the potato salad--it really is a very quick and easy dish to put together.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 lbpotatoes (white, yellow, red or a combination)
1 bottleitalian salad dressing (vinegar-based, not creamy. use your favorite flavor variation.)
1 bunchfresh flat leaf parsley
How to Make Uncle John's Potato Salad
- Wash potatoes well and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for approximately 10 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. (Cooking time will vary because of the size of potato pieces and the types used.)
- Drain the potatoes well. Return them to the hot pot and toss until the residual water is evaporated. Put them in a large bowl and pour the salad dressing over them while still very hot. If the salad dressing bottle is very large, don't use the whole thing--use just enough to have a little extra at the bottom of the bowl, but not enough to be soupy. The hot potatoes will absorb the excess as they cool.
- Coarsely chop the parsley and toss all of it gently into the hot potato mixture.
- Let the mixture come to room temperature, tossing occasionally to ensure the dressing coats all pieces evenly. Finish with cracked pepper and salt if needed.
- Serve either at room temperature or chilled.