Havarti Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 tsp
- butter or margarine, softened
- large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1/3 c
- half and half
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 lb
- russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 c
- havarti cheese, coarsley shredded
- 1/2 c
- finely shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Havarti Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- 2Lightly crush garlic with side of knife. Heat half and half, garlic, salt and pepper in small saucepan over medium-high heat, until small bubbles appear around edge of pan; remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Discard garlic.
- 3Meanwhile, pat potato slices with paper towels. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices along the bottom of prepared dish. Pour half the cream mixture over the potatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheeses. Repeat with remaining potatoes, cream mixture and cheeses.
- 4Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until top is a deep brown and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
**Parboiling or letting the sliced potatoes stand in cold water before baking will reduce their starch content and make the dish runny.