Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach and Onion
We like it very much and find these filling enough to use as a main course for a light supper.
- 4 large
- baking potatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 3/4 c
- frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese or 8 tablespoons cheddar cheese (your preference)
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes with Spinach and Onion
- 1Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour at 400 degrees or until done. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool until still warm but you are able to easily handle them. Cut the top off lengthwise and scoop out the insides, reserving skins.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Saute the onion until just soft then add the spinach. Stir to combine. Allow to cool slightly. Pour into a bowl. Combine the sour cream, salt, pepper and potato and mash until smooth.
Use this mixture to fill the potato skins. Then place each one on a baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until heatedthrough. Serve immediately.