1 lbrusset potatoes (look for small ones)
oztable cream or evaporated milk (not condensed)
1 ptsour cream
1 lbbacon, not too much fat
1/2 bunchlittle green onions, washed, thinly sliced, including some of greens
1/2 lbcheddar cheese (your choice how strong flavored) grated
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
- Wash,raw potatoes. Rub with olive oil or wrap in aluminum foil, shiny side out. Bake for 1 hour or until tender and easy to spear with a fork. While cooking potatoes, cook bacon until barely crispy. Put bacon on paper towels to drain grease. After cooling a bit, crumble and set aside. Drain the cooked potatoes.
- Cut each potato in half, the long way. Scoop out the potato, leaving just enough potato to retain it's shape.
- In a large mixer bowl, whip the scooped out potatoes with butter, table cream (or canned milk), salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sour cream, crumbled bacon and onions to the whipped potatoes. Mix until combined.
- Spoon whipped potatoes into each potato shell. Top each with some grated cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or long enough to melt the cheese. Cool until touchable, and serve hot or warm.