Mertzie's Twice Baked Potatoes
2large russet potatoes (will make 4)
1/2cup sour cream
4-5broccoli florets, diced fine
2green onions (use white and green part), diced
5slices bacon, fried crisp
·shredded cheese (your choice) or gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
1/2stick melted butter
·paprika for sprinkling
·minced garlic or garlic powder
How to Make Mertzie's Twice Baked Potatoes
- Bake potatoes for one hour (or until tender) on 375. (Tip I learned long ago is to boil the potatoes whole for a few minutes before baking for the best flavor!).
- Slice potatoes open and let cool down a bit for easier handling. Meanwhile, pour some of the grease from the bacon in a small fry pan. Add and sautee the green onions & the broccoli pieces for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half (down the middle vertical) and then scoop out the insides. Try to leave the potato skins as intact as you can and lay them on baking sheet. Turn oven up to 400 or broil.
- Mash the potatoes up a bit. Add sour cream, bacon bits, broccoli & onions, some parmesan, a little garlic powder (or a lot, if ya like!) and mix well. Add a generous amount of black pepper. (I don't add salt, as the bacon is sufficient salt for me.)
- Stuff each of the potato skins with potato mixture. Brush melted butter on top of each potato. Sprinkle your cheese of choice on top & add a few sprinkles of paprika on each. Bake or broil until cheese is melted. Enjoy!