This recipe came from one of our local restaurants and I obtained their recipe and tweaked it a bit.
- large russet potatoes
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 to 1 c
- milk or half-and-half cream
- 3 Tbsp
- crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- snipped chives
- 1/2 tsp
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make Twice-Baked Potatoes
- 1Bake potatoes at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until soft. Allow to cool.
- 2Cut a lengthwise slice from the top of each potato. With a spoon, scoop potato pulp from the slice and the inside of the potato, leaving a 1/4" shell. Discard skin from slice.
- 3Place potato pulp in a bowl; add butter and mash the pulp. Blend in milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1 cup of cheese. Spoon into potato shells.
- 4Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.