★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 largechef's potatoes
6 slicebacon, cooked crisp
3green onions (white part and light green part)
1/2 csour cream
1 Tbspgarlic, chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and poke potatoes with a few vent holes on the tops. B
- Place potatoes on oven rack and bake for about an hour. Check periodically. ( Some potatoes cook faster than others).
- Cook slices of bacon until crisp.
- When potatoes are done cut off the very top of the potatoes. (Use a potholder or kitchen towel they will be very hot.)
- Take a spoon and scoop the potato out of the bottoom shells, into the mixing bowl with green onions, onions and garlic.
- Add butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Once mixed scoop potatoes back into shells and return to the oven until the tops start to turn golden brown.
- You can also sprinkle cheddar cheese over the tops of the potatoes before putting back in oven and remove when cheese is melted and potatoes are hot.