★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 large
- chef's potatoes
- 6 slice
- bacon, cooked crisp
- 1/2 medium
- green onions (white part and light green part)
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and poke potatoes with a few vent holes on the tops. B
- 2Place potatoes on oven rack and bake for about an hour. Check periodically. ( Some potatoes cook faster than others).
- 3Cook slices of bacon until crisp.
- 4When potatoes are done cut off the very top of the potatoes. (Use a potholder or kitchen towel they will be very hot.)
- 5Take a spoon and scoop the potato out of the bottoom shells, into the mixing bowl with green onions, onions and garlic.
- 6Add butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- 7Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- 8Once mixed scoop potatoes back into shells and return to the oven until the tops start to turn golden brown.
- 9You can also sprinkle cheddar cheese over the tops of the potatoes before putting back in oven and remove when cheese is melted and potatoes are hot.