Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
She used to use sour cream but we sure love cream cheese now days.
Will post a photo the next time I make this!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgcream cheese (8 oz)
6 slicebacon, cooked
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
- Wash potatoes, pat dry, pierce about 8 times per potato with a fork and wrap each one in foil.
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for about an hour. Times will vary depending on size, check doneness after 1 hour: a fork should be easily inserted through the center of potato when done. If they are still hard, bake another 30 minutes and check again.
- While the potatoes are cooking, rinse and chop up about 1/4 cup of chives.
- Line 2 paper towels on a large dinner plate, lay down 6 slices of bacon in a single layer, top with 2 more paper towels and cook in the microwave for about 6 minutes.
- When potatoes are done, let them cool off for a few minutes, then remove potatoes from skin and put the insides into a mixing bowl.
- Mash up the potatoes a bit, using a fork or masher.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add butter and milk, mix together with potatoes.
- Mix cream cheese in by hand or use a mixer.
- Crumble the cooked bacon into the mixture. Mix the bacon and chives into the potatoes.
- Spray a glass pan with non-stick cooking spray. I use a 9x13 pan for 10 potatoes, use a smaller size if you use less ingredients.
- Spread a thin layer of the potato mixture across the pan (about 1/4 of the mixture).
- Mix 1 cup of shredded cheese to the rest of the mixture.
- Spread the rest of the mixture in the pan, top with the rest of the cheese.
- Do not cover, bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Cheese should be melted and a little bubbly.