Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
She used to use sour cream but we sure love cream cheese now days.
Will post a photo the next time I make this!
- potatoes, russets
- 1-1/2 stick
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese (8 oz)
- chives, bunch
- 6 slice
- bacon, cooked
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz
How to Make Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
- 1Wash potatoes, pat dry, pierce about 8 times per potato with a fork and wrap each one in foil.
- 2Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for about an hour. Times will vary depending on size, check doneness after 1 hour: a fork should be easily inserted through the center of potato when done. If they are still hard, bake another 30 minutes and check again.
- 3While the potatoes are cooking, rinse and chop up about 1/4 cup of chives.
- 4Line 2 paper towels on a large dinner plate, lay down 6 slices of bacon in a single layer, top with 2 more paper towels and cook in the microwave for about 6 minutes.
- 5When potatoes are done, let them cool off for a few minutes, then remove potatoes from skin and put the insides into a mixing bowl.
- 6Mash up the potatoes a bit, using a fork or masher.
- 7Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- 8Add butter and milk, mix together with potatoes.
- 9Mix cream cheese in by hand or use a mixer.
- 10Crumble the cooked bacon into the mixture. Mix the bacon and chives into the potatoes.
- 11Spray a glass pan with non-stick cooking spray. I use a 9x13 pan for 10 potatoes, use a smaller size if you use less ingredients.
- 12Spread a thin layer of the potato mixture across the pan (about 1/4 of the mixture).
- 13Mix 1 cup of shredded cheese to the rest of the mixture.
- 14Spread the rest of the mixture in the pan, top with the rest of the cheese.
- 15Do not cover, bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Cheese should be melted and a little bubbly.