Twice Baked Jalapeño Potatoes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- 4 large
- baking potatoes
- vegetable oil
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted and divided
- onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (4 ounces)
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided (4 ounces)
- pickled jalapenos, minced with seeds
- 1/2 c
- warm milk
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh chives or green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 large
- 8 slice
- bacon, crisp-cooked, crumbled
How to Make Twice Baked Jalapeño Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Lightly coat potatoes with oil and bake for 1 hour or until tender. Set aside to slightly cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
- 3Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until tender; set aside.
- 4Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Place potato shells on a baking sheet.
- 5Add remaining 1/4 cup butter, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, jalapeno, milk, sour cream, chives, salt, pepper and egg to potato flesh, stirring until well blended.
- 6Spoon mixture evenly into potato shells.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.