Twice-Baked Alfredo Potatoes
(*Prep and cooking times are for quick microwave directions.) (photo from bing images)
- large russet baking potatoes
- 1 cup
- prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp.
- garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/8 tsp.
- dried thyme
- 1 cup
- (4 oz.) shredded cheddar, *divided
- 1/2 cup
- shredded part skim mozzarella
- sliced green onions, optional
- crumbled bacon, optional
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, optional
How to Make Twice-Baked Alfredo Potatoes
- 1Pierce potatoes several times with a fork, wrap with wet paper towels and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-1/2 to 10 minutes or until tender. (This depends on your microwave, so keep checking. A knife should go in easily.) Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and all the mozzarella cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and add to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Top with green onions, crumbled bacon and fresh grated parmesan if desired.
- 2*Potatoes take 1 1/2 hours at 400 in the oven to bake. (Pierced and wrapped in foil.) And 20-30 minutes to reheat through at 325-350. Add cheddar on top during last 5 minutes.