- 2-1/2 lb
- small red potatoes, coarsely chopped (5 cups)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 8 oz. carton sour cream
- 1 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- ground red pepper
- 1 can(s)
- 14-1/2 oz. diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 c
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped fresh tomato, chopped avocado & sliced green onion (optional)
How to Make TRUCK STOP POTATOES
- 1In a large covered saucepan, cook potatoes & chopped onion in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2Stir in 8 ounces sour cream, cheeses, melted butter, salt & red pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes.
Spoon into a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 3Bake at 350^ about 30 minutes or until heated through.
Top with the 1/2 cup sour cream, fresh tomato, avocado & green onions, if desired.