3 can(s)cut sweet potatoes, 29 oz
1 can(s)mixed tropical fruit, 15 oz
1 can(s)mandarin oranges, 15 oz
1 can(s)crushed pineapple, 8 oz
1 pkgpecans, chopped, sm pkg
·brown sugar, to taste
1 tspcinnamon (optional)
1 tspnutmeg (optional)
1 dash(es)tabasco sauce (optional)
How to Make Tropical Sweet Potatoes
- Drain sweet potatoes and put in 5-6 qt crock pot (save juice).
- Drain mixed tropical fruit and mandarin oranges and put in crock pot (save juice).
- In sauce pan add sweet potato OR fruit juices, add pecans, brown sugar, spices, and tabasco.
- Heat mixture until brown sugar dissolves and add to crock pot.
- Cook on High setting for 2 hours.
- Cover top with miniature marshmallows.
- Remove stoneware crock from appliance, remove lid, place in 350 degree oven until marshmallows are lightly browned.