★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 10 large
- white potatoes
- 1 c
- slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese
- 1 stick
- half and half as needed for creaminess
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Toasted Almond and Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 1Peel and boil potatoes. Meanwhile, layer almonds on a baking stone and lightly salt and toast until a light brown (watch closely). If a few get a little too done it does not hurt the flavor.
- 2Once the potatoes are done, mix on high and add one stick butter and one package cream cheese. Add half and half if needed.
- 3Once the potatoes are fully mixed and ready to serve, then fold in the toasted almonds (for max crunchiness) into the potatoes. Left overs are great too, even without the crunch. Make sure you ask for allergies to nuts and you can set aside a portion and your guests can still enjoy the creamy goodness from the cream cheese.
Salt and pepper to taste.