Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 2 clove
- garlic thinly sliced
- 2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slice
- provolone cheese
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2 quart or larger casserole dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- 2Layer half of the potato slices in the bottom of the casserole dish. Dot with half of the butter cut or pinched into small pieces. Arrange half of the garlic slices over the potatoes, then pour half of the heavy cream over potatoes. Sprinkle one cup of Sharp cheddar cheese over the layer, and season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering of potatoes, garlic, cream and Sharp cheddar cheese, then top with slices of provolone cheese. Season again with salt and pepper.
- 3Bake for 1/2 hour in the preheated oven, then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top. This will create a semi hard cheese crust. Continue baking uncovered for another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when tested with a fork. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
- 4NOTE: I put the freshly grated parmesan cheese on before putting it in the oven...I did this by mistake and realized I was supposed to add after the potatoes had cooked for a 1/2 hour..so I covered the casserole dish with a piece of foil that was loosely covering the dish as not to touch the cheese on top...I then baked potatoes for about an hour and then removed foil and allowed to bake until potatoes were tender and the cheese started to make a beautiful crust on top. It will look soupy at first..after it sets it thickens and makes a wonderful cheesy sauce for the potatoes. I also added a little more heavy cream than recipe calls for, like a 1/4 cup or so...use your judgement.