- 3 Tbsp
- leeks, mostly white part but a bit of green is fine
- 3 medium
- 5 c
- chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- heavy cream
How to Make The Pretentious Vichyssoise
- 1Clean your leeks carefully, the outer leaves especially get full of sand. (I usually chop them and then place in a colander and rinse). Chop roughly.
- 2Melt butter in saute pan and place the leeks in, and cook on medium until tender, but not browned.
- 3Transfer to a soup pot and add potatoes and the stock. Cook until potatoes are done about 30 minutes.
- 4Carefully transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree. Add cream, and adjust for seasoning.