The Best Ever Sweet Potato Pudding
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This side dish is destined to be on your Thanksgiving table. It's creamy, but not too sweet. I really loved the slight crunch from the crust. Best of all, it's easy to prepare which is essential during the holidays. The Test Kitchen
1/2 c(1 stick) butter or margerine
4 cgrated sweet potatoes
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 cmilk or cream diluted (if cream 1/2 water 1/2 cream)
1/2 cchopped nuts
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make The Best Ever Sweet Potato Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, adding eggs last.
- Pour mixture into baking pan, bake 40 to 50 minutes.
- Midway through baking time, when crust forms around the edges and top of mixture, remove from oven.
- Stir and return to oven for remaining baking time. (Crust will form again.)
- Serve warm or chilled.
- For variety, you can add 3/4 c coconut or 3/4 c raisins before baking.