Texas Baked Potato Casserole
- 8-10 large
- potatoes, baked
- 2 stick
- butter, softened
- 1 - 32 oz
- sour cream
- 10 slice
- bacon, fried
- 1 bunch
- green onions, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- green chilies,drained & chopped
- 4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg
- ranch dressing,dry
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Texas Baked Potato Casserole
- 1Bake potatoes and refrigerate the night before. There easy to handle when you go to slice them.
- 2Mix ranch dressing, green chilies & sour cream the night before. It gives it time to marry the flavors. But not necessary.
- 3Also go ahead and fry the bacon and crumble it. Stick in the refrigerate over night.
- 4Also slice the green onions and put in refrigerator.
- 5The more you do the night before the easier it is the day of the BBQ or party! It's easy peasy!
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Slice potatoes with a mandolin. That way potatoes warm evenly. Use a casserole dish 9X13 or larger if you have one. Spray with PAM or what ever you like or even butter it. You don't want it to stick.
- 8Put a layer of potatoes,butter, sour cream then cheese. Till the last layer that's when you use the bacon. The green onions go on after it comes out of oven. Sometimes I just sit aside the green onions in a bowl and let them help them selves as some don't like onions at all! Enjoy!
- 9Bake for 35-45 minutes