Texas Baked Potato Casserole
8-10 largepotatoes, baked
2 stickbutter, softened
1 - 32 ozsour cream
10 slicebacon, fried
1 bunchgreen onions, sliced
1 can(s)green chilies,drained & chopped
4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 pkgranch dressing,dry
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Texas Baked Potato Casserole
- Bake potatoes and refrigerate the night before. There easy to handle when you go to slice them.
- Mix ranch dressing, green chilies & sour cream the night before. It gives it time to marry the flavors. But not necessary.
- Also go ahead and fry the bacon and crumble it. Stick in the refrigerate over night.
- Also slice the green onions and put in refrigerator.
- The more you do the night before the easier it is the day of the BBQ or party! It's easy peasy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice potatoes with a mandolin. That way potatoes warm evenly. Use a casserole dish 9X13 or larger if you have one. Spray with PAM or what ever you like or even butter it. You don't want it to stick.
- Put a layer of potatoes,butter, sour cream then cheese. Till the last layer that's when you use the bacon. The green onions go on after it comes out of oven. Sometimes I just sit aside the green onions in a bowl and let them help them selves as some don't like onions at all! Enjoy!
- Bake for 35-45 minutes