Taste of Heaven
- 1 lb
- potatoes peeled and cut into chucks
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb
- apples (up to you ) peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp
- onions thinly sliced
- 4 oz
- bacon chopped
- 3 oz
- 1 oz
- freshly grated nutmeg
2. Meanwhile, place the apples in another saucepan together with the sugar, cover with water, bring to the boil then cook for 15-20 minutes or until very tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan until very hot, add the bacon and cook over a high heat until the fact begins to run.
4. Add the onions, and sauté until browned.
5. Drain the apples, allow to cool a little then transfer to a food processor and process to a sauce.
6. Drain the potatoes well, return to the rinsed out saucepan and mash coarsely together with milk, butter, black pepper and nutmeg.
7. Mix the apple sauce with the potato.
8. To serve - transfer to a warmed serving platter and top with the onion mixture.