Swiss Potato Gratin
Daily Inspiration S
Originally from Allrecipes
2 lbred-skinned boiling potatoes
1 cricotta cheese
3/4 cparsley, chopped
·salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
·nutmeg to taste
1 cheavy cream (approximately)
·butter for greasing baking dish
1/4 lbgruyere cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
How to Make Swiss Potato Gratin
- Wash potatoes well. Slice potatoes thin and drop them into a pot of cold, salted water. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 1 minute, drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain again and pat dry.
- Combine ricotta and parsley and season generously with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Beat the egg briefly and add enough heavy cream to make 1 cup of liquid. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg.
- Lightly butter a shallow, oval gratin dish measuring 9 x 12 inches. Arrange a layer of slightly overlapping potato slices in the dish. Dot with about one third of the ricotta mixture; sprinkle with one-third of the cheese. Repeat, using all of the ingredients and ending with a potato layer.
- Gently pour the egg and cream mixture into the dish, lifting potato slices with a fork if necessary to allow the cream to spread evenly among them.
- Bake on the center rack of a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and the cheese is browned and bubbling. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.