Swiss Cheese Potatoes
The recipe makes 12 servings. I will probably cut it in half, but the full recipe would be perfect if having company...
- 8 large
- potatoes, peeled and cubed ( about 4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- chopped celery
- 3/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 2/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Swiss Cheese Potatoes
- 1Place potatoes and 1 tsp. salt in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Add celery and onion; cook 10 - 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Mash potato mixture, gradually adding 3/5 cup cheese, milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt.
Transfer to a greased 8 - in. square baking pan; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3Broil 3 - 4 in. from the heat for 5 - 8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.