☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 largepotatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 lbs)
1 tspsalt, divided
2 ccelery, chopped
3/4 conion, chopped
1 cswiss cheese, shredded, divided (6 oz)
2/3 c2% milk
How to Make Swiss Cheese Potatoes
- Place potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add celery and onion; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash potato mixture, gradually adding 3/4 cup cheese, milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).