Swirled Mashed Sweet Potatoes and White Potatoes
- 3 lb
- sweet potatoes ( shuld be about 6 medium ) peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- celery salt and 1/4 teaspoon of ground back pepper
- 3 c
- regular white mashed potatoes seasned and prepared ( these need to be heated if refrigerated bought potatoes are used or if using leftover potatoes from the refrigerator
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- shredded chedder or parmesan ( for topping )
- salt and pepper for seaoning ground beef and other sasoning added if desired for meat
TO MAKE INTO A CASSEROLE
How to Make Swirled Mashed Sweet Potatoes and White Potatoes
- 1In a Large pot , Place cubed and peeled sweet potatoes and covr with water, place on stove on High Heat to bring to a boil, - Then Reduce Heat to a Simmer and lightly salt the water , cover and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or untill the potatoes are tender.
- 2Meanwhle in a sauce pan , combine ,milk ,whipping cream, 1/4 cup butter , celery salt and pepper Heating on Low Heat untill Butter is Melted and combined into the mixture . Set Aside - When the sweet Potatoes are done , Drain well, and return to the same pot . Then Take the milk mixture and pour it over the S. Potatoes in the Pan. You can either beat the potatoes with an electric mixer or use a potatoe masher to mash or beat till smooth.
- 3Now to make the swirled potatoes - Take the pan of prepared sweet potatoes and, spoon half of them in one coner of the dish and spoon the rest of them in the opposite coner . - Take the 3 cups of the white prepared Mashed potatoes and spoon into the other 2 oppisite coners of the dish, Then Gently shake the dish so that the potatoes all meet in the middle of the dish, Take a knife or spoon and Swirl the potatoes to make a swirled patteren - Serve with additional butter or Parmesan Cheese if desired, To make into a casserole the directions are as follows.
- 4To make the casserole - Preheat oven to 350 - Brown the ground beef in a skillet , Drain and sprinkle over the potatoes in the dish, Sprinkle on 1/2 to 1 cup of Shredded cheese ( chedder or Parmesan ) Your Choice Over the top, Place in Oven and Bake untill Cheeseis Melted and dish is hot .