5sweet potatoes or yams
1/2 cbutter, softened
2eggs, beaten ??????
1/2 cheavy cream
1 clight brown sugar
1/4 cbutter, melted
1 cchopped pecans
1/2 ccoconut, toasted or not
How to Make Sweet Potatoes with Pralines
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and boil sweet potatoes in a covered saucepan until tender - about 20 minutes.
- Drain and mash.
- Mix in the softened butter, sugar, vanilla, and milk. This recipie was adopted and the eggs were not mentioned in this section, so I will be making this for Christmas and will make sure this is correct. Don't see why they wouldn't be ok. Sounds good to me.
- Pour into a baking dish or casserole.
- Bring cream to simmer in a small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Cook over medium heat to soft roll stage.
- Remove from heat and beat in butter and pecans.
- Pour over sweet potato mixture.
- All of the above may be done up to 2 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Then just heat in the oven until bubbling hot and enjoy.
- My sister makes something like this but adds coconut. I'm just not sure weather she would add it to her sweet potatoes or the praline mixture. And she wouldn't mash her potatoes but I like mine sweet all over!