Sweet Potato Souffle
1 can(s)1lb, 13oz sweet potatoes (drained)
3/4 stickbutter, softened (real butter works best)
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
·topping ingredients below
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1 cchopped pecans (optional)
3/4 ccrushed corn flakes
3/4 stickbutter, melted
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffle
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, softened butter, nutmeg, milk and cinnamon with hand mixer until well blended- as smooth as you can get it, but don't worry if it isn't perfectly smooth)
- Pour into baking dish-(I have always used a baking bowl, if you use a bowl too the cooking time may be longer)
- TOPPING (only put on after it has cooked the 20 to 30 min. or else it will all fall to the bottom)
In a separate bowl, Melt remaining butter and brown sugar in microwave (just until butter is melted) add pecans(optional), and corn flake crumbs, and mix together.
- Bake for 20-30 min. or until middle is about firm. then add topping and cook additional 15 min. or until center is firm.