SWEET POTATO PUFFS
1can (29 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained
1cup crumbs made from corn flakes
·small dish with brown sugar in it for dipping
·white corn syrup
How to Make SWEET POTATO PUFFS
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. You will need an 8 inch, ungreased glass baking dish.
- Empty the well-drained sweet potatoes into a medium size mixing bowl. Mash gently with potato masher until just mashed. Add the cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and salt. Gently stir just until mixed.
- Place 1 cup of cornflake crumbs in a small bowl (about the size of a cereal bowl)
- Put about a 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a small dish for dipping.
- Take some potato and put it in your palm. (about 2 tablespoons) Press a marshmallow in the center, and put more sweet potato on top and form a ball, like a snowball, hiding the marshmallow from view.
- When the ball is formed, roll it in the cornflake crumbs until covered. Then press about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar onto the top of the ball. Place ball in the baking dish with the brown sugar side up. See my 2 photos of this dish above. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of corn syrup over the top, and let it run down the sides.
- Bake in the oven 15 minutes until the brown sugar has slightly melted over the top. Serve Hot, with or without topping.
- Cook's Tip: I made this more than once, so I could get the temperature right. If I baked it 20 minutes as the original recipe stated, they would "pop open", but if I removed them in 15 minutes, it worked fine. So the cooking time will depend on your oven. Let the kids help, because this is a fun recipe to make! Enjoy!