SWEET POTATO PUFFS
Bonnie ^O^ .
1can (29 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained
1cup crumbs made from corn flakes
·small dish with brown sugar in it for dipping
·white corn syrup
How to Make SWEET POTATO PUFFS
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. You will need an 8 inch, ungreased glass baking dish.
- Empty the well-drained sweet potatoes into a medium size mixing bowl. Mash gently with potato masher until just mashed. Add the cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and salt. Gently stir just until mixed.
- Place 1 cup of cornflake crumbs in a small bowl (about the size of a cereal bowl)
- Put about a 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a small dish for dipping.
- Take some potato and put it in your palm. (about 2 tablespoons) Press a marshmallow in the center, and put more sweet potato on top and form a ball, like a snowball, hiding the marshmallow from view.
- When the ball is formed, roll it in the cornflake crumbs until covered. Then press about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar onto the top of the ball. Place ball in the baking dish with the brown sugar side up. See my 2 photos of this dish above. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of corn syrup over the top, and let it run down the sides.
- Bake in the oven 15 minutes until the brown sugar has slightly melted over the top. Serve Hot, with or without topping.
- Cook's Tip: I made this more than once, so I could get the temperature right. If I baked it 20 minutes as the original recipe stated, they would "pop open", but if I removed them in 15 minutes, it worked fine. So the cooking time will depend on your oven. Let the kids help, because this is a fun recipe to make! Enjoy!