Sweet Potato Praline Casserole
1 call purpose flour
2/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cpecans, in pieces
1/4 cbutter, softened
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
2 1/2 lbsweet potatoes
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1egg, lightly beaten
1/2 chalf and half
How to Make Sweet Potato Praline Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place first 5 ingredients in a zip top baggie. Use your fingers to mash butter into the other ingredients until uniform. Set aside (can refrigerate day before making casserole).
- Peel and halve the potatoes. Place in pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and mash (can refrigerate day before making casserole).
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar/butter topping mix, sugar, vanilla, egg and half and half. Spoon into the buttered casserole dish; top with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cover with foil if topping starts to brown too much.