How to Make Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1Place sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl, add egg and mix well.
- 2Stir in the flour and add the baking powder.
- 3Add up to 1/3 cup of milk, stirring; stir in 1 tablespoon butter - The mixture should have the consistency of thick, lumpy sauce and be able to coat a wooden spoon.
- 4Place a non-stick or heavy iron skillet over medium heat on top of the stove and add 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- 5Spoon 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake into the skillet and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Using a spatula, flip the pancakes and cook another 2 minutes; remove pancakes from the skillet and keep warm on a covered plate in the oven.
- 7Repeat the procedure until all the pancakes are cooked.
- 8After the first batch is cooked, add as little butter as possible without allowing the pancakes to stick to the bottom of the pan - Serve with sour cream.