Sweet Potato Hash
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I never thought about mixing the two potatoes ... but glad Kathy did! This hash is delish. A great way to change up breakfast. I bet this would be a great side with some grilled pork chops too. Yum! The Test Kitchen
1 largesweet potato (about 1/2 lb or so), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1white potato (about the same weight and size of the sweet potato), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 smallred bell pepper, diced
1 smallonion, diced
·salt and pepper, to taste
1green onion, chopped
2 Tbspvegetable oil or butter
4eggs, poached or fixed your favorite way - optional
How to Make Sweet Potato Hash
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until just tender. About 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and pepper until the onion is translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, fry the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned, 10 - 15 minutes, depending on how browned you like your potatoes.
- Stir in onion and peppers, season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and add the green onion.
- Serve with eggs, if desired.