By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 mediumsweet potatoes
2 mediumapples, golden delicious
3 Tbspbrown sugar
1/4 tspcinnamon, ground
5/8 tspnutmeg, ground
How to Make Sweet-Potato-And-Apple Casserole
- Peel sweet potatoes; cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In 2-quart casserole, place sweet potatoes and 2 tablespoons water; cover with casserole lid or large plate and cook on high 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and core apples and cut into 1-inch pieces; add apples, brown sugar, butter or margarine, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to sweet potatoes in casserole; stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on high 10 to 12 minutes until potatoes and apples are fork-tender, stirring gently with rubber spatula after 6 minutes.
- In cup, stir cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water until smooth; stir into liquid in casserole.
- Cover and cook on high 1 minute or until liquid thickens slightly.