Sweet Hot Habanero Potato Salad
Diane Hopson Smith
Uncle Gary's Gourmet Sweet Hot Habanero Pickles put this salad over the top!!
Check out Uncle Gary's Gourmet Peppers & Pepper Jelly for some of the best peppers, pickles and BBQ sauces ever!
- 6 to 7
- red potatoes
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- 1/2 small
- onion, chopped fine
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, diced (about 1/4 of a cup)
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 or 3
- boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- habanero pickles, chopped (i used uncle gary's gourmet sweet hot habanero pickles)
- 1 Tbsp
- juice from the pickles
- paprika for garnish, optional
How to Make Sweet Hot Habanero Potato Salad
- 1Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 12 to 16 minutes or until tender. Drain; add cold water and allow potatoes to cool. Once potatoes are cool, drain, peel and dice.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, onion, celery, cumin, salt, pepper, eggs, pickles and juice from pickles; mix well. Spoon 1/2 of the mixture over potatoes and toss gently to coat. You don't want your potatoes swimming in the mayo mixture so add remaining a little at a time until potatoes are well coated.
- 3NOTE: If potatoes salad seems to dry, add a little more mayonnaise.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.