Sweet and White Scalloped Potatoes
Recipe and photo adapted from Meals.com.
- 1 can(s)
- (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 tsp
- instant chicken flavor bouillon or 2 chicken flavor bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme leaves
- 4 c
- (1-1/2 pounds) potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 c
- (1/2 pound) sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 c
- grated or shredded parmesan cheese (5 ounces)
How to Make Sweet and White Scalloped Potatoes
- 1Heat evaporated milk, bouillon, onion powder and thyme in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil and bouillon is dissolved.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil.
Cover; reduce heat to low.
Cook, rearranging potatoes gently and occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.
- 3Cooking tip: for quick thin potato slices, use slicing blade of a food processor.