Super Quick Potato Salad
Make it Sour/Dill or Sweet/ Relish.
- 5 small
- yukon gold potatoes about 2-3 inches in diameter
- 1 stick
- celery, chopped 1/4 inch pieces
- 7-15 slice
- dill pickle chopped or dill relish to taste or chopped sweet pickles, or sweet pickle relish to taste
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp
- yellow mustard or stone ground / dijon if you prefer
- 2-4 Tbsp
- finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/2 tsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 (+) c
- mayonnaise or miracle whip (depending on whether you are making dill or sweet)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- i like to add a little finely chopped dill weed to my dill potato salad.
How to Make Super Quick Potato Salad
- 1Microwave potatoes on high for about 3 minutes, check to see if they are tender by squeezing lightly. If they yield to pressure but don't feel quite tender, turn them over and rotate position and microwave in 30 second increments until just done but NOT soft and mushy. Remember they continue to cook for a while as they sit. Let cool on countertop while chopping other items. They may still be warm when you peel them, and that's ok.
- 2Chop celery, pickle, and onion. Place in medium bowl. Add mustard, vinegar and 1/2 c dressing of your choice, mix well. (if it is too sharp from the vinegar, add a pinch or two of sugar)
- 3Peel and chop potatoes into about 1/2- 3/4 inch dice, add to dressing/veggie mixture, season with pepper and salt, mix together lightly but thoroughly, adding extra mayo/Miracle Whip if needed.
- 4Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.