Super Creamy Potato Salad Kid Friendly QuicknEasy
1 largepotato, boiled or baked (cut into 1cm cubes)
1 stickcelery, finely sliced
1/4 largered bell pepper (capsicum) finely diced
2 largeeggs, hard boiled
3 sprig(s)spring onion or chives, finely diced
1/2 clight ranch dressing
How to Make Super Creamy Potato Salad Kid Friendly QuicknEasy
- Clean you work area, don on your apron, wash hands and gather your ingredients.
- Fill a medium sized pot with hot water (or boiled water from the kettle). Wash your potato and place your unpeeled potato into the pot. Heat on high, cover with lid and bring to a boil. Test potato with a skewer. Potato is ready if it is a little firm to push through. If it goes through too easily and breaks the potato, you have cooked it too long. Once cooked, remove potato from boiled water. Place on a tray/plate and let sit in the freezer while you prepare the vegetables.
- Assemble your vegetable ingredients to be cut (celery, capsicum, spring onion or chives) wash, rinse and let drain.
- Fill a small saucepan with cold water and place two eggs into water. Let sit on medium heat (basically you want to boil the eggs for 3-5 minutes depending on your heat setting).
- On your cutting board, cut the Celery, Capsicum, Spring Onion or Chives as directed in the Ingredients list. Put into your mixing bowl. (note - I have chives and spring onions growing in the garden and used 3 sprigs/stalks of the spring onion but either will do)
- Measure your mayonnaise and ranch dressing (I used a light version of the Ranch) and place into your mixing bowl with your vegetable ingredients.
- Check eggs. If they have been boiling for 3-5 minutes, turn off stove and remove from heat. Grab the lid and drain the hot water out the pan (I do it with the eggs still inside) and fill with cold water. Let sit until you are ready for them. Or, skip that and grab a slotted spoon, remove eggs and place on a plate and put into the refrigerator.
- Check on potato. If cool enough to touch, remove skin. Usually it should just peel off using your fingers, but I just use a peeler as it's much easier.
- Dice potato into 1cm cubes and place into mixing bowl with your vegetable mix and dressing mix.
- Remove hard boiled eggs from water/fridge. Peel shell off and rinse. If they are still warm, place them into the fridge/freezer for a few more minutes as they will be easier to cut. Once cooled enough, roughly chop eggs and place into your mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl until well covered. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Note - this recipe is a small batch and was enough for x5 kids between the ages of 2 years and 8 years hence the potato being cut into 1 cm cube pieces. All 7 (5 kids, 2 adults) of us had a heaped soup spoon each with some to spare and was just enough as an accompaniment to our BBQ. It is a really creamy dressing so if you love your potato salad you could easily add 1 or 2 more medium sized potatoes without having to top up the dressing (mayo/ranch) or vegetable ingredients.