★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 medium
- baking potato (per serving)
- 1/4 medium
- sweet bell pepper (any color) per serving
- 1/4 large
- sweet onion (per serving)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (per serving)
- 2 large
- sheets heavy duty aluminum foil
How to Make Summer time grilled potatoes
- 1Scrub potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Potatoes may be peeled if you prefer. Cut peppers and onions into 1/2 inch dice. Combine potatoes, onions and peppers on a double thickness of foil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Dot with butter. Fold the foil sealing the edges to make a leak proof packet.
- 2Preheat grill to medium heat. Place packet on hot grill rack. Cook turning occasionally 20 - 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. (you should be able to pierce with a fork). Potatoes may be moved to a top rack while you cook your burgers, chicken, etc.
- 3Remove packet from grill. Use caution! Contents are hot. I usually use a baking sheet to transport the potatoes. You can serve the potatoes right from the foil packet, or put in a serving dish. I opt for the foil. Less clean-up.