Stuffed Potato Casserole
- 6 large
- potatoes worth of mashed potatoes w/ butter & sour cream
- 2 c
- of minced veggies- sauteed in olive oil & seasoned *see note
- 1 lb
- kielbasa or hot dogs-minced
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large
- onion - minced
- 3 large
- cloves garlic - minced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Stuffed Potato Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 400*
- 2Butter a 13" x 9" casserole dish.
- 3Saute onions and garlic in olive oil til tender... then add the kielbasa and cook til heated through.
- 4Layer 1/2 the mashed potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Cover the entire bottom with the potatoes.
- 5Then add all the sauteed veggies on top of the potatoes.
- 6Next add all the kielbasa mixture.
- 7Then add all the shredded cheddar cheese.
- 8Now add the remaining mashed potatoes on top, a little at a time, and carefully spread out to cover the entire top of the casserole.
- 9In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and the grated parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- 10Sprinkle this panko mixture on top of the casserole.
- 11Bake on middle rack uncovered for 30-35 min. or til nicely browned.
- 12Remove and let it set for about 10 mintues before slicing.
- 13Serve warm.
- 14*note...you can use any of your favorite sauteed veggies. I used a mixture of spinach and mushrooms.