Stuffed Potato Casserole
6 largepotatoes worth of mashed potatoes w/ butter & sour cream
2 cof minced veggies- sauteed in olive oil & seasoned *see note
1 lbkielbasa or hot dogs-minced
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cpanko breadcrumbs
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 largeonion - minced
3 largecloves garlic - minced
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Stuffed Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Butter a 13" x 9" casserole dish.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil til tender... then add the kielbasa and cook til heated through.
- Layer 1/2 the mashed potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Cover the entire bottom with the potatoes.
- Then add all the sauteed veggies on top of the potatoes.
- Next add all the kielbasa mixture.
- Then add all the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Now add the remaining mashed potatoes on top, a little at a time, and carefully spread out to cover the entire top of the casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and the grated parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Sprinkle this panko mixture on top of the casserole.
- Bake on middle rack uncovered for 30-35 min. or til nicely browned.
- Remove and let it set for about 10 mintues before slicing.
- Serve warm.
- *note...you can use any of your favorite sauteed veggies. I used a mixture of spinach and mushrooms.