Stoemp – Belgian Mashed Potato
3 largepotatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2onion, finely chopped
3 clovegarlic, minced
2leeks, finely sliced(do not use the dark green parts)
1/3 cvegetable stock
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Stoemp – Belgian Mashed Potato
- Cook potatoes in pot covered with water over medium heat until just barely soft.
- Mash with hand mixer and set aside.
- Heat butter in frying pan over medium heat until melted. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add leeks and cook until clear.
- Add broth and cream and meat until simmering.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the leek mixture from the pan and cook another 10 minutes until thickened.
- Add back the leeks and the potatoes and stir to combine. Serve immediately.