- 2 1/2 lb
- russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 8 oz
- stilton cheese, crumbled (or other blue cheese)
- 1 1/3 c
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, cut into small pieces
How to Make Stilton Potato Gratin
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Arrange 1/3 of potato slices in bottom of pan, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle half of cheese over potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange half of remaining potatoes slices over cheese, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle remaining cheese over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange remaining potato slices decoratively over cheese.
- 3Pour broth over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot top of potatoes with butter.
- 4Bake potatoes until top is golden brown, potatoes are tender and liquid thickens, tilting pan occasionally to baste top layer of potatoes with broth mixture, about 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 5Transfer pan to rack and let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Serve hot.