- large can of candied sweet potatoes or yams with cinnamon (my favorite brand is sw)
- 1/4 c
- soften organic raw butter
- 2 Tbsp
- brandy or rum (you can use the brandy or rum extract)
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly grated orange peel (you can used dried orange peel)
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple tidbets in pineapple juice, drained
- 1 cup
- chopped pecans or walnuts that have been roasted
- 3 Tbsp
- heaping, organic dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- organic raw butter softened
- pinch of cloves or nutmeg (optional)
How to Make Spirted Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- 1Do NOT drain the sweet potatoes or yams.
Butter a casserole dish. Add the sweet potatoes or Yams, butter, brandy or rum, salt, orange peel, and pepper. Mix slightly.
- 2Mix all the topping ingredients together. Top the sweet potatoes.
- 3Cover the casserole and bake at 350* for 30 mintues. Uncovered and bake for another 10 minutes.
- 4I ran out of brown sugar one time...and used maple sugar. Came out just as good.