·about 8 red potatoes,or 4 large russets
·5 oz, fresh spinach
·4 tblsp. unsalted butter
·1 tsp. crushed garlic
·3 tblsp. flour
·1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
·1 cup milk
·1 cup cream
·2 cups muenster cheese,shredded
How to Make Spinach Carmamelized Onion and Muenster Augratin Potatoes
- Toss together your potatoes(cubed)and spinach
- place them in a baking dish
- now melt 3 tbsp. of the butter in a medium saucepan,add onions.
- Cook over med-low heat till onions are nicae and carmelized.
- Add the garlic,cook for another minute or so.
DO NOT ALLOW GARLIC TO BURN>
- Add remaining tablespoon of the butter
- Once melted,add flour and stir until it's a nice golden color,keep stirring.
- Slowly pour the milk and cream and stir until thickened.
- Add the salt and 1 1/2 cups of the Muenster cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted and all incorporated,pour over the potatoes and spinach.
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.Cover your dish and cook 30 minutes.
- Now uncover and cook an addional 20 minutes.
- Now remove from oven,top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- put back into oven for about 10 more minutes for cheese on top to melt,and get light brown.
- Allow to set about 10-15 minutes before serving.