Spanish Omelette for Two
3/8 csmall diced , cold cooked potatoes (just under half a cup)
1/4 cred bell pepper, medium dice and a little into julienne for garnish
1/4 ca little less than a fourth of frozen peas, thawed
1 Tbspvegetable oil
·chives, chopped for garnish
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Spanish Omelette for Two
- Turn the broiler on in oven.
Break the eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste and beat.
- Heat an (oven safe) frying pan over medium heat and add the butter and oil. When the butter and oil begins to bubble add the potatoes, diced pepper and peas.
Gently stir-fry for a few minutes to allow them to heat through.
- Add the beaten egg mixture to the pan. Move the pan with one hand and stir with a fork or spatula with the other until the omelette reaches the still runny on top stage. Do not mix to much as it sets up.
- Slide the pan under the broiler for a few moments until the omelette turns a nice golden brown in color. Watch that it does not burn.
- Remove from the oven and carefully slide the spanish omelette from the pan onto a warmed plate, keeping it flat.
- Garnish the spanish omelette with a little julienne of red bell pepper and a few chives and maybe some sour cream, serve immediately.