Southern style sweat Potatoes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 to 8 large fresh sweat potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 pound of thick sliced bacon
- 1 large 12 to 16 oz bottle of catalina dressing
How to Make Southern style sweat Potatoes
- 1peal and cut potatoes and red onion in bite size pieces place in a bowl;
- 2Fry bacon not to crisp texture only to get added grease out about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Pour Catalina dressing over potatoes and using half the dressing; stir and coat potatoes and onions; cut bacon into pieces and put in bowl with other ingredients; pour rest of dressing over ingredients and coat.
- 4Using crock pot put all potato mixture in and turn to low; cover let cook for 5 to 6 hours stirring occasionally; If using oven preheat to 350 degrees put in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray cover with foil bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are done stirring once or twice.