Soft Fried Potatoes
- 4 medium
- russet potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- 1 tsp
- lawry's garlic salt (or mrs dash, herb/garlic seasoning)
- ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Soft Fried Potatoes
- 1PREPARE THE ONION: Remove both ends from the onion; cut it in half, lengthwise, and remove the outer layer of each half. Place one half of the onion flat side down on your cutting board and slice crosswise to make half-moon shaped slices. Repeat for the other half of the onion. Put into a small bowl and set aside while preparing the potatoes.
- 3Heat the oil in a non-stick, 10" skillet over medium heat. The oil should not be smoking but you should begin to see a little rippling effect in the oil.
- 7You may need to add a little more oil if the potatoes soak up all of the oil while cooking. You just want to keep enough oil to barely cover the bottom of the pan while cooking.