Simply Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 large
- yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large
- white onion
- 1 stick
- butter, cold or a butter substitute will work too
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
How to Make Simply Scalloped Potatoes
- 113 X 9 rectangle pan is required
pre-heat the oven @ 400 degrees
- 2Thinly slice the potatoes and line the bottom of the pan.
- 3Thinly slice the onions and lay on top of the potatoes in the pan.
- 4cut the butter in 1/8 inch slices and lay on top of the onions.
- 5Pour the cream over the ingredients in the pan, season with salt and pepper, cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- 6Place the pan in the oven, set the timer for 60 min. When timer goes off, remove the foil and reset the timer for 30 mins and allow the dish to get browned.
- 7Remove pan from the oven after the timer goes off the second time, and allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving.