I usually let my kids choose dinner on the weekends and much to my surprise, my daughter asked to both choose AND help cook dinner. Naturally, I said of course! Aside from the occasional batch of cookies, she had never before wanted to cook so I was excited to see this new interest. Several hours later, we sat down to an amazing and delicious feast that even managed to get two-thumbs up from my persnickety son. I don't know what I enjoyed more, preparing this meal with my daughter, or eating it with her and the rest of the family. So from our family kitchen to yours, we hope you enjoy! :)
21. Using a 5.5 qt or larger crock pot: Spread the ribs out in the pot, trying to get them in a single layer. Pour the marinade mixture over top. If you end up with multiple layers, pour a little on each layer as you go. Add chicken stock until it comes to about 1/2 inch over the top of the ribs. Turn the temperature to low and cook for 3 hours.
2. Add the potatoes, cut side down, in a layer atop the ribs. Cook for another hour.
3*The meat turns out so super tender and flaky that we ended up using the left-overs to make shredded pork sandwiches. You can also use the cooking liquid to make a tasty sauce or a hearty gravy.
4SAUTEED GREEN BEANS:
51. Wash and cut ends off green beans
2. Saute with a splash of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. (We cooked them just long enough to heat through since we like em crisp).
6CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS:
71. Wash and de-stem the mushrooms. Brush with olive oil inside and out (so they don't dry out), and place in a baking dish with a thin sheen of oil in the bottom.
2. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (except the Italian cheese blend). If it's too dry, add more cream cheese. Don't forget to taste! Spoon generously into the mushrooms. (We found it easiest to make balls and press them into the mushrooms.) The mixture amount will fill the mushrooms generously, so feel free to increase the amount of mushrooms you use to spread it out a bit.
3. Sprinkle the filled mushrooms with as much of the shredded italian cheese blend as you like and a pinch of garlic powder.
4. Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese starts to bubble and brown, about 15-20 minutes.
5. These got gobbled up super fast, so I recommend making a double batch if you have seafood and mushroom lovers in your house like I do. Also, we added the mushroom stems into the baking dish, spread around between the stuffed mushrooms. They came out coated in crispy cheese and super tasty!
8CHEESY HERB BREAD:
91. In a bowl, mix olive oil with seasoning and garlic.
2. Lay the slices of bread out on a baking sheet.
3. Brush the oil mixture onto the bread and drizzle around any mix that's left over.
4. Sprinkle with as much of the cheese blend as you like.
5. Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese just begins to brown, 6-8 minutes. (This can be cooked at the same time as the mushrooms.)