Secret Mickey D' Style Fries! Shhhh!
How to Make Secret Mickey D' Style Fries! Shhhh!
- Begin by peeling the potatoes and cutting the ends to be squared. Make 3/8 inch fries. (thin sticks)
- Soak them in cold water for 1 hour then drain and add fresh water to saok another hour. Total of two hours soaking. *** If you don't soak them, it will not taste as good.
- In a large heavy pot add the oil to about an inch deep, enough to just cover the potato fries. Before adding the fries heat the oil to 290 degrees.
- Gently cook the potatoes for 2.5 minutes. They should be pale and not cooked through.
Place on a paper towel on a sheet pan and cool in the refrigerator to stop the cooking process.
( At this point you can wait to finish cooking them until guests arrive )
- Heat oil to 370 degrees and cook fries until golden. Cook to the crispiness you desire, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir them around while cooking.
- Remove from pan and mix with salt to taste. You can place on paper towel but "others" do not do that.